Broadcasting Board of Governors – Focus Groups
- From the focus groups, we provided BBG with many insights into what radio audiences in Mali enjoyed and valued including:
- Listeners felt Bambara language reporting was more authentic and accessible for those who do not speak French.
- Listeners were impressed with the quality of VOA Bambara presenters’ spoken Bambara and were eager for more VOA Bambara content.
- Having on the ground correspondents, as well as providing eye witness accounts, helps participants feel they are getting the news ‘first-hand,’ from other people across the country.
- We produced and delivered a 60-page report detailing these findings. The report identified gaps in coverage revealed by the focus groups and DCG’s recommendations for addressing these gaps.