Built In today announced that DCG was honored in its 2024 Best Midsize Places to Work in Washington, D.C., awards list. As a people-first company, we’re thrilled others recognize our unique culture, too!
We realize every person is different. What works for one may not be ideal for another.
That’s the foundational spark that led to our revamped wellness and benefits programs over a year ago. Coming off the pandemic and knowing up to 77% percent of U.S. professionals say they have experienced employee burnout, we knew we needed to do more to ensure DCG staff have the tools they need for a healthy, balanced life, with an emphasis on wellness and well-being.
We take a holistic approach, focusing on physical and mental wellness and recognizing employees have differing needs and values. This approach enables us to be flexible as to what’s most important to our team members, while also exposing them to new and creative approaches to wellness. Our benefits cover everything from PTO to 401k investment choices to family-centric programming, including:
- Increasing a minimum of 10 PTO days to 15 PTO days annually for new hires.
- Half-day closures prior to three major federal holidays that fall on a Tues.-Fri.
- A minimum of 2 weeks 100% paid leave for a birthing mother, father, and adoptive parents with an additional 2 weeks 100% paid leave for each year of tenure, capping off at 8 weeks.
- $1,000 toward fertility planning and treatment, adoption, and surrogacy.
- Annual $300 Best Self Wellness benefit that can be used toward anything from a gym membership or fitness app to massages and nutritionist sessions.
- Option to add environmental, social, and governance funds to 401k portfolios.
- Summer Wellness Series focused on self-care.
About Built In’s Best Places to Work
Every year, Built In hosts the Best Places to Work awards program, which gives recognition to companies that offer the best compensation packages, total rewards and culture programs among their peers. The awards program includes companies of all sizes, from startups to those in the enterprise, and honors both remote-first employers, as well as companies in large tech markets across the U.S.
Built In’s program honors companies with the best total rewards packages across the U.S. and in the following tech hubs: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Colorado, Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington D.C. To reflect the benefits candidates are searching for more frequently on Built In, the program also weighs criteria like remote and flexible work opportunities, programs for DEI, and other people-first cultural offerings. Winners are announced in early January: https://employers.builtin.com/best-places-to-work.
Learn more about our company culture and view the roles we’re hiring for at https://dcgcommunications.com/careers.